Re-reading "Godel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid"

I have decided to re-read Douglas Hofstadter's "Godel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid". When I first read it - 25+ years ago - it significantly changed how I looked at many things in the world and I would describe it as a seminal book in my development.

What I am wondering is if I will have new revelations on re-reading it (I am quite sure) as I and the world around me has changed, and what they might be.

I am also curious what others have experienced in the re-reading of early-in-life personally seminal books later in life, and how they interpreted the nature of the new revelations.

And I am sure Dr. Suess is likely to be one book that many of us have likely re-read and re-interpreted many times! :-)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I recently read I Am a Strange Loop, an in-depth examination of the concept of a strange loop originally developed in GEB:EGB. Worth a read if you haven't already.

Popular posts from this blog

Java, MySql increased performance with Huge Pages

Canadian Science Policy Conference

Project Torngat: Building Large-Scale Semantic 'Maps of Science' with LuSql, Lucene, Semantic Vectors, R and Processing from Full-Text